To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:13 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Re: OT: Wasps

I personally don't think its the RF that attracts them. I have been on many towers and tanks with no antennas mounted and still have to deal with my little friends. Personally I think its the heat that the metal draws from the sun and the static electricity present on the face of the steel. And I agree with Butch. They are pretty passive unless they have built a nest up there and you are the lucky one to find it or you happen to grip one while climbing. This is obviously avoided by using gloves. You really should be more concerned with birds (hawks, eagles, etc) that may nest or roost up there and snakes. Yes..snakes like to go up there too. And then there is the real beast everyone should be worried about....FALLING! 100% tie off at all times please.
Be safe and say hi to the bees for me.  :-)
-B-