On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, George Rogato wrote:

A couple names that came up was Imagestream, who says they can control the amount of connections to help control p2p. Jeff will step in and correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. Mikrotik can do the same. ANY Linux based system can limit connections, because it's built into iptables. Frankly, this is the method I use to set up QOS (part of it, anyway), because it is the ONLY effective way to limit the negative impact of these torrents. Which, by the way, is (IMHO) a VERY accurate name (note definitions 2 and 4).

tor??rent
- noun
1. a stream of water flowing with great rapidity and violence.
2. a rushing, violent, or abundant and unceasing stream of anything: a torrent of lava.
3. a violent downpour of rain.
4. a violent, tumultuous, or overwhelming flow: a torrent of abuse.

--
Butch Evans
573-276-2879

**