I have used many WHR HP's with openwrt and ddwrt and never had the
dhcp server stop (some have 20PC's on them). I have v24 rc2 09/04/07
on most of them, iirc I went to RC3 about 2? 3? weeks ago. I would
roll back to this version or one very close and see what happens. If
the dhcp keeps going out I would check for issues on that segment.