To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Vuze / Comcast / Peer to Peer / FCC

Which is why I feel that trying to address the issue as a P2P issue is wrong, the issue is not what the traffic is, it is what the traffic is doing to your network. If you address that issue, then encryption is pointless. Limit large connection counts, implement burstable bandwidth, add a transfer cap.

Sam Tetherow
Sandhills Wireless

CHUCK PROFITO wrote:
I agree, you are fairly well protected, Travis, but for how long. But more and more we are seeing encrypted P2P and encrypted Bit Torrent... This will soon be the norm across the world because so many like you and I and George,
Comcast, etc ARE limiting it.  We cannot keep trying to control the
application, we have to control the packet ONLY, no matter who,what or where
it goes to.  That is our business, Open access via Packets and excellent
customer Service... for a price that is.   Chuck Profito
209-988-7388
CV-ACCESS, INC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Providing High Speed Broadband to Rural Central California

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.