On a side note... I generally pay less to be on a cell tower than I do to
pay to be on a commercial building roof top of equivellent height.

Cell Towers- More expensive to climb and mainteain, there fore less valuable
Cell Towers- Dont have office space tenants, there fore only valued for the
value of the market around, not also the market within.
Cell Towers- Cell tower prospects, negotiate lowest dollar possible, because
of volume, and know exactly what it costs.
Cell Towers- are taller allowing for more channel re-use through verticle
speration.

What Cell Towers care about the most is to do leases that do not restrict
them from larger opportunities with larger prospects, and does not piss off
their larger customers. If you can submit a plan, that shows renting to you
is just extra income, without risk to their existing contracts and
prospects, you might be able to get them to jump.  The best way to do it is
to argue the trutgh, which is that unlicensed spectrum is slop spectrum, the
big boys don't want it, and it would never work for their business models.
The community service value of supporting local companies is far greater
than the risk of renting to you.

What we are learning is.... Can we trust any tower leasor? Financially, will
we be able to enforce a contract? Can we risk being help hostage by renting
jsut one tower? Do we really need that tower that we thought was so
valuable?  Thos questions ahve to be answered. We believe the best answer is
to not rely on just one. The best way to do that is to get the right price
so you can afford to have more.  If you don;t get the price, its usually not
worth the risk. Send them a copy of the front page of one of your agreements
with their competitors. It amazing how quickly they take you seriously when
their pride relizes you are good enough for their competition.
At minimum it sparks their interest, to at least take your phone call, and
listen to your pitch to consider it.