Hi,

We currently have five 18ghz links... two have been up for almost 4 years with less than 30 minutes downtime total.

1 - 7 miles, 2ft dishes, 99.9999% calc'd uptime, so far correct (4 years)
2 - 19 miles, 4ft dishes, 99.999% calc'd uptime, so far correct (4 years)
3 - 14 miles, 2.5ft dishes, 99.999% calc'd uptime, so far correct (8 months)
4 - 15 miles, 2.5ft dishes, 99.999% calc'd uptime, so far correct (8 months)
5 - 28 miles, 2ft dishes, 99.99% calc'd uptime, so far correct (4 months)

We have not seen any multi-path issues with any 18ghz links. We are always able to get 1-2db better signal than the path calc shows, but it can take a little time (the 27 mile link took almost an hour to fully align, compared with 10-15 minutes for the other links).

We are in the 12mm/h rain zone.

Travis
Microserv

Tom DeReggi wrote:
So what are you guy finding regarding 18Ghz multi-path.
What we learned over this past year is that multipath for Millimeter Wave
and high Spectrum ranges, is a different animal.
Very picky.  18Ghz specifically is known for negative effects of reflection,
that need to be taken into account in isntalltion design.

Any success rates on wall mounting? Are your links path calc'd for 2ft dish
working with 2 ft, as engineered? Etc.
Are you getting 3- 9s engineering 3- 9's?

This question isn;t about gear, its about 18Ghz.

(Note if mention distance, please mention rain zone)

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband