Are you trying to get something to sell to web development customers, or
for your internal use?  What is your web programming skillbase?  Mostly
PHP?  Any python?

We've used Plone with quite a bit of success, but there is not much
talent available who can run the backend very well.  It's pretty
resource intensive, but does most things "right," and seems to be very
good quality code.  We've played with Mambo and it's later iterations /
names.  It's easier, lighter, but not on par with Plone for quality.

Randy

John Scrivner wrote:
> I know this is supposed to be a wireless list so I am sorry for this
> off-topic post. I know some of you run web design / hosting services along
> with your WISP. Can some of you share which CMS system you prefer and why?
> Also does anyone know if there is one CMS used by most larger enterprises?
> Price is a small consideration but I am more interested to know if there is
> a best of breed solution out there that most consider to be the one to use.
> I appreciate you all allowing me to step out of the normal wireless realm
> just this once.
> Thank you,
> John Scrivner

Randy Cosby