Randy Cosby wrote:
Are you trying to get something to sell to web development customers, or for your internal use? What is your web programming skillbase? Mostly PHP? Any python?
Jumping in here because I'll be the one who has to get his hands dirty with it...

More resale than internal use, though a really well-done package may be used to rebuild our Web site as well. I'm the closest we have to a developer, and I sorta know my way around databases and PHP/Perl/Python, but not too extensively (I'm more of a network guy, honestly).

In the past I've worked with WordPress, PHP-Nuke/PostNuke, and Joomla!, and for the projects we have in mind any of those would work reasonably well. Really, we're interested in voices from those who have done this sort of thing more than we have, and for other suggestions we don't know about.

(All of the above are free/open-source, though we're not necessarly averse to a commercial product, if it's done well and is worth the money.)

David Smith
MVN.net