On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, David E. Smith wrote:

>Jumping in here because I'll be the one who has to get his hands
>dirty with it...

You mean Scriv's not gonna do the geek work?  lol.

>More resale than internal use, though a really well-done package
>may be used to rebuild our Web site as well. I'm the closest we
>have to a developer, and I sorta know my way around databases and
>PHP/Perl/Python, but not too extensively (I'm more of a network
>guy, honestly).

I have been very happy with my php-fusion deployment.
http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/news.php (my website is below).  I have
had very little trouble with it and the only "holes" I have seen
were caused by my own lack of proper securing of the site.  This
particular software does require ftp access for the end user if you
want them to do the updates.  Plus, unless I've missed something,
you can't do one install for multiple sites (making upgrades easy).
Beyond that, it is a nice, easy to use and secure (not many out
there can claim that) CMS.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Wired or Wireless Networks        *