My point was they are selling a "3mbps connection" that doesn't deliver... just like the cable companies and telcos... they are no different. Fluff it all up and do whatever it takes to "fool" the customer so they will sign up. I don't like it and I think it's dishonest. I don't like people that do business like that.

Travis
Microserv

Patrick Leary wrote:
One point you need to remember Travis is that that "barely 1 mbps" you
are getting is with a self-install CPE that was either mailed to you or
you picked in a retail shop, correct? If so, you likely had it up and
running in under 5 minutes and they did not have to roll a truck.
Chances are, you can also take that CPE anywhere with you around town
and it will connect. You can also pop out the SIM card and pop in into
any other Alvarion self-install CPE in town and your specific services
will pop right up.

That 1 mbps you are getting through your wall is certainly better than
any neighboring fixed outdoor 900 MHz Canopy connection in both average
up and down steam that I have seen and it uses a smaller channel AND
goes through your wall AND required no truck roll (unless you are one of
those that have an outdoor CPE).

Patrick Leary
AVP, Market Development
Alvarion, Inc.