attached on the outside of the final product.  However, if your company
wishes to obtain it's own FCC number for the final product, then you
must apply for an original FCCID.

*Inquiry:*

---*Reply from Customer on 04/29/2008*---

The grant issued for this device lists this: This device incorporates a
restricted contention based protocol. It is not capable of avoiding co
frequency interference with devices using all other types of
contention-based protocols. Operation is restricted to the 3650-3675 MHz
band. Yet using this device, which is a 802.11g device, includes support
for CSMA/CD, which is a method of detecting and avoiding interference
with other devices. Doesn't this meet the requirements set forward in
part90.7? Thanks, Kyle Duren

*Response: *
We will not issue unrestricted use approval until the 802.16h and 802.19
protocol standards are finalized.

802.16h =  Improved Coexistence Mechanisms for License-Exempt Operation
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.16)
802.19 = More Coexistence Stuff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.19)
-------------
Now #2 is only being asked, in regards to the grant aproval actually
given to the XR3, since there was much discussion before hand, on how
the wi-fi band would meet these rules, whereas WiMax would not.

Grant can be found here:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/Eas731GrantForm.cfm?mode=COPY&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=930658&fcc_id=SWX-XR3B

or here, if that didnt come across correctly: *http://tinyurl.com/5alnkl

-------------
*ARC Wireless does make a nice antenna/enclosure, for the 3.65ghz range,
although Im not sure who has it in stock.

-----------
Label examples and such can be found here:

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/kdb/forms/FTSSearchResultPage.cfm?id=27980&switch=P

To me it seems like using the "Assembled with tested components" makes
the most sense, since thats totally true, the "system" has not been
certified, just the radio device within the system.

-------------
Details on channels and conversion frequencies:

"Channel Freq Driver Freq Real Channel Width Support

ChannelA 5765MHz 3658MHz 5/10MHz
ChannelB 5770MHz 3663MHz 20/10/5MHz
ChannelC 5775MHz 3668MHz 5/10MHz

3 channels is not a lot; but the best that can be done with only 25MHz
of bandwidth and the band edge rules of the 3.65GHz band." from
[EMAIL PROTECTED], who is in charge of the XR3 compliance stuff.
-------
The statement about which card to buy:

There are 3 versions of this card, as far as I know, they follow....

XR-3-2.8 = 2.70ghz - 2.90ghz
XR-3-3.5 = 3.400ghz - 3.7ghz **XR3-3.5 is a General Purpose Engineer
Card that can be used toqualify performane up to 3.7GHz**
XR-3-3.7 = 3.65ghz - 3.7gh (FCC Part90 Compliant card)
I do NOT know what the differences in appears on these cards might be,
but if its marked with the SWX-SR3B FCCID sticker, I would assume it is
the correct 3.65ghz radio card. None of the other models should actually
have that fcc, since they are not approved for those other ranges. They
are mostly for export outside the US, much like the XR7 card (760mhz-780mhz)
Also from what I have "heard" (cannot back up with fact) Ubiquiti is
working on a LS3, or PS3 or NS3 style radio, and also a LS9 or PS9 radio
(This one is for sure, it is in beta tests currently, checking its
compatibility with the XR9/SR9 existing networks)

Hope that clears a few things up,
Kyle Duren