Nothing as fancy from me. Here's the result of a test I just did by shelling
into one of our recent video surveillance installations and running the
simple built-in test tool we have in our equipment. This test script
repeatedly copies a locally-stored 1.3 meg compressed zip file through a
client tunnel (any number of hops) to a remote destination, and displays the
peak and average transfer rates in Kbytes.

In this example, the local node is about 150 feet away from the base of a
10-story building, the intermediate dual-radio node is at the top of the
same building, and the destination node is on another 10-story building
about 700 feet away. This shows a typical net data transfer rate of around
20 mb/s through two hops (non-turbo & no compression) with all nodes on the
5.8 Ghz band. With turbo here in the lab we've achieved almost double that.

Tom Sharples
President
Qorvus Systems, Inc.
www.qorvus.com
800.757.1571 Ext 100

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local# ./gateway_load_test

172.16.142.2 link speed test:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed          Time
Curr.
                                 Dload  Upload Total    Current  Left
Speed
100 1237k  100 1237k    0     0  2431k      0  0:00:00  0:00:00  0:00:00
2912k

172.16.224.2 link speed test:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed          Time
Curr.
                                 Dload  Upload Total    Current  Left
Speed
100 1237k  100 1237k    0     0  1858k      0  0:00:00  0:00:00  0:00:00
2137k

172.16.142.2 link speed test:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed          Time
Curr.
                                 Dload  Upload Total    Current  Left
Speed
100 1237k  100 1237k    0     0  2460k      0  0:00:00  0:00:00  0:00:00
2905k