I've never used the DUDE, and probably won't because I generally go
out of my way to avoid non-browser based multi-user applications.
Somewhat of a philosophical bias, but avoids installation / platform /
software / random-networking considerations / security hassles.

I highly recommend OpenNMS as well.  It's easier to maintain than
nagios / cacti, is web based and open source, and provides full
monitoring / trending / alarming.  Very, very powerful, very scalable,
and has a lot of flexibility / functionality that you won't find in
other places.  It does really good auto discovery and so forth.  It
also has some very powerful report generation tools if you need to
demonstrate SLA compliance, etc.  Mostly web-based, although has some
text backend configuration stuff if you really want to do some
tweaking / customization.

-Clint Ricker
Kentnis Technologies