Dennis Burgess wrote:
> It does have a browser interface :)

Technically true, but the Dude's Web interface is sorely lacking. You
can look at stuff, but most configuration changes (especially to maps)
require the Dude client.

There's also the minor annoyance, for some, that The Dude requires
Windows (or something like WINE).

I remember looking at some Mikrotik hardware I purchased recently, and
vaguely recall seeing a "dude" package. Does that do what I think it
does - i.e. act as a standalone Dude server? That's promising, as most
of the issues I have with my current Dude installation are more related
to Windows (and the voodoo you have to go through to get The Dude to run
as a Windows service) than the software itself.

David Smith
MVN.net