Mark,

I was with you there around the same time with very similar sentiments.
Among other things I was trying to get something resolved on our Vox Voip
service and billing it through powercode. Although we haven't come to a
solution on that, mainly being I'm not willing pay for it nor try it at the
moment and instead paying my accounting lady overtime to keep track of Vox's
bills and our voip customer overages.

But, having said that. I believe the guys at PowerCode have made some very
good changes, one of the main ones being the ticketing system you just
mentioned. I've had a lot of success with our tickets and problems.

They are putting out new code almost everyday, and they actually explain the
bug fixes and new features on the homepage for every release.

We are learning to use the new Inventory module which actually lets you
barcode scan a Subscriber Mac address right off the box.

Another cool feature that we haven't tested yet is the new Mac Address
learning feature that allows customers to plug in their own device and PC
will auto-add. Customer can check all this through their portal.

All in all...PC is still the most advanced WISP billing and OSS on the
market, hands down.

And I'm with you Mark, I have a renewed sense of confidence in their support
and flagship product, the billing, crm, and bandwidth management.

Glad to hear you've got an Imagestream BMU. Trust me, it makes a world of
difference.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Mark Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I gave off a little rant awhile back about how PowerCode wasn't being
> responsive, and I'd like to update that.  They are now being pretty
> responsive to bug reports.  One of the first things they did was to set me
> up with a new customer portal so that I can create my own tickets for their
> support.  I can login to the portal and see what's been done on my tickets,
> and there are email notices as well when a ticket has been updated.  This,
> by the way, is the same portal system that the PowerCode software allows me
> to use for MY customers to be able to create and update tickets.
>
> There have been some changes, some major some minor.  They made a
> fundamental change in the way that contacts are handled.  This jostled my
> guys a bit but we're getting used to it.  A couple of my issues were
> resolved.  A big one is that my "virtual server" is now in my timezone!
> That was huge for alot of reasons (accounting, CRM, logs, billing now
> happens on the 1st day of THIS month instead of the last day of LAST
> month).
>
> So there are still several little things that are hanging out there, but I
> feel that my concerns ARE being addressed.  Meaning, my TICKETS are being
> updated and I can see progress, and I'm happier now.  I'm seeing new
> features all around PowerCode.  I've purchased (though not implemented yet)
> an ImageStream BMU, so that should speak to my confidence level.  That
> thing
> was $1900...
>
> Seems they are progressing.
>
> Mark

John M. McDowell
Boonlink Communications
307 Grand Ave NW
Fort Payne, AL 35967
256.844.9932
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.boonlink.com

you may not use, copy, re-transmit, or disclose to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in
error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
delete the message. E-mail communication is highly susceptible to spoofing,
spamming, and other tampering, some of which may be harmful to your
computer. If you are concerned about the authenticity of the message or the
source, please contact the sender directly.