With the things that are coming, I'm starting to wounder just how the bandwidth/pricing model is going to have to change.

This is likely not a big deal for you urban guys, but out here in the rural areas, bandwidth ain't cheap.

A T1, 1.54Mb/s, costs me $700/month.
On my fiber, 1Mb/s costs me $200/month.

These movie services look to run 2Mb/s. IPTV looks to run 500Kb/s per stream.  Just how much of this can our rural networks handle?

The sat. services can't do this.  The cellular providers can't do this.

Most of us have our residential service priced in the $35-$45 range.

It doesn't take a accountant to see that those numbers don't add up.

Is per bit pricing the answer?  Higher fixed monthly?  Traffic discrimination?  A combination?