My whole goal is to get people to think outside of buying T1s from Ma Bell.

I'd assume your network goes close to 131, where there's fiber to be had.  I'm
not sure how close Brian's comes to 131, but if you guys can get on the same
fiber out of town, that's be great.  A 20 year IRU on fiber is very cost
effective.  There's a ring that goes around the Grand Rapids metro area as well.

I'll let you guys work out the details, but I might be able to find some more
providers in those towns.

If I had to pay that much for bandwidth, I'd be going through the various
directories and lists calling anyone within 50 miles of the bandwidth source
asking if they want in.  Depending on who all is around, maybe you can form
another company whose sole responsibility is to purchase the bandwidth and
fiber, then sell it out to the member companies.  onelasvegas.com seems to
think there's all kinds of providers in the Grand Rapids - Kalamazoo area.  I'd
look through that site and Matt Larsen's WISP Directory and see who all is
around and what you can arrange.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions