Most Fire Departments ARE very unqualified to
do tower rescues.  Even those that offer high angle rescue
are still not normally trained on towers.

We are working with a couple of state wireless associations
on trying to help that - but it is a very slow process.

At this point however, a couple of times we have been able
to find qualified tower crews to assist - very quickly - as most
rescues so far have been inside metro areas.  In rural areas it won't
happen as quick, and the Fire Departments are not as likely to have
the advanced training.

Don't take your organs to heaven,
heaven knows we need them down here!