Kurt,

        Will getting the Barracuda outbound require more hardware or is it
just a service you can turn on with the current hardware for a fee?

        I'm not familiar with the Barracuda but I would assume there's
nothing you have to set up as long as nobody is doing ssl. These boxes
can watch the smtp traffic without needing to manually configured and
without needing to configure the client to use the box as a proxy. It
will just watch the traffic and kill it if it's bad. It's good to use
a service that updates it's blacklist and virus defs often. I'm
running the Astaro ASG here and it usually gets a few updates each day.

Greg