os10ru...@gmail.com wrote:

>       Will getting the Barracuda outbound require more hardware or is it
> just a service you can turn on with the current hardware for a fee?

It's the same hardware, but you can't use one Barracuda to do both jobs.
You buy one, and you can switch the software from inbound to outbound
(and back again).

I've been having similar issues to the OP. Several of my users'
passwords have been compromised by horribly-screwed-up desktops, with
spyware and viruses galore. The attackers (all of whom are coming from
Nigerian IP space) log in via our Web site, and cut-and-paste spam that
way. Since it comes from an authenticated user, it circumvents most of
my normal spam filtering measures.

I've recently added SpamAssassin to my big "all our outgoing mail goes
through here" server, set with very generous settings. I'm hoping that's
sufficient, because I really don't want to buy a third Barracuda. (We
already have two for inbound email, and they work quite well there; I
assume one switched to outbound-scanning mode would work equally well.)

David Smith
MVN.net