Thanks Mike,

The change to 10 meg half doesn't help.  In fact, most devices won't connect
at all then.

The worst part is that the most expensive gear is most effected by this!  ug

I have installed ferrite beads that do indeed help.  Apryl can get you the
contact info and part number.  509.982.2181

The shielded cable from Shierene just came in.  And I have permission to
move to the other side of the building.  When the snow melts and the ground
firms up I'll rebuild the entire site.  The radio station has a new
transmitter since I first went into the site and another tenant recently
left.  I have more location options now than I did before.

Yesterday I did some testing with a Fluke DTX.  It's a crazy meter.  Checks
just about everything.  As it well should for $7000.  Know what it doesn't
check very well though?  Inductive RF.  grrrrr  There is one test that
showed some problems though.  It's called an inductive pulse.  Readings at
another tower I have (and the tech support guy at Fluke) were 0.  This tower
had a reading of nearly 3000!!!!!  Fluke is supposed to find out what an
acceptable level would be and send that info to me.  I've not heard from
them yet though.  The tech's guess was around 30mV.

I did think it strange that when I tested my cable with a volt meter (one
end to ground, the other to the connectors on the cat5) I was picking up 2
to 3 volts on each pin.  That pretty well seems to line up with the 3000mV
reading from the fluke!

This site has always been a source of grief for me.  Must less reliable than
nearly any other I have, no matter what equipment is used.  I always thought
it was due to all of the other operators in the area (one's been fined by
the FCC for using illegal amps etc.) doing silly things.  Though nothing
THAT bad has ever showed up on my analyzer.  I always thought it was
something that only the customer end could see (couldn't find that on the
analyzer either though).  Maybe my problem has always been the radio station
stuff.  Wouldn't that be great?  FINALLY, a network reliable enough to allow
me to take a vacation.  grin

laters,
marlon