Good points.

I did find a vendor that does factory-warranted upgrades of yamaha
generators to dual or tri-fuel, and they also sell a wired remote-start
kit that could be triggered with a relay or dry contact closure.
http://www.propane-generators.com

Keeping the unit small does have some advantages.  We only need this up
on the hill in the winter, and can use it other places when we get our
summer brownouts and outages.  We could keep a large tank on the hill
for when we do need it, and fill it before the snow flies each winter.

Randy