Do the link budgets including cable loss.
XR cards are 600mW cards, so more output than the amps originally proposed.
I have XR cards on the ground, 150' of LMR600 to antennae at the top and
the links all work as predicted.
I just can't see putting any kind of amp at the top when you can do it
all with the card and the proper cable.  It is all in the planning.

--
Scott Reed
Sr. Systems Engineer