Seems to me it is ethernet cable picking up EMP. I seem to lose a lot of
Netgear routers lately. Seems to go right through the POE and gets the
WAN port.  Also Transmit side of XR2's. Always see receive side
degrading after mid path lightning strikes even a mile away.
Trango ethernet survives. Once we got a direct Tower strike and
everything on the tower was shot, the only survivor was the top antenna
a Trango 900 EXT. that was the only one with non-shielded cat 5.
Go figure.....