From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of David E. Smith
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 11:00 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Searchable Map of Stimulus projects

Tom DeReggi wrote:

> Again, I jsut hope decission makers are smart enough to see the truth, and
> grant to those with the most proven experience.

The best way to help ensure this would have been to volunteer to review
the grants (unless, of course, you're interested in pursuing a grant
yourself). I really hope I'm not the only WISP employee who did so.

I think it's too late to volunteer and still review the first round of
grant applications, but there will be further rounds over the next
several months. As there are more than a few applications asking for
money to build out wireless, a few extra nonsense-detectors wouldn't hurt.

David Smith
MVN.net