We shoot across an airport (the big ones as well) with a bunch of 5.8
stuff, but I believe we needed to get clearance from the airport and
maybe the FAA before installing. Otherwise we've had zero problems with
interference from their systems. I would start by calling or gong to see
the person who runs the airport first and explain what you would like to
do. I don't recall it being a big deal to get permission from the Airport.