On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 12:53 -0400, RickG wrote:
> 2) I've tried several freqs. Either way, both ends are the same
> equipment so there shoudl not be a problem. I am familiar with
> Mikrotik and there is no scan list in StarOS that I am aware of.

Both ends being the same is not the issue.  It is the Atheros driver.
With that standard driver, the AP may be able to tune to a channel that
is not available as a "standard scan" channel on which to locate an AP.
For example, with most of the Atheros cards, you can set up an AP on:
5180, 5185, 5200, etc.  However, the standard Atheros driver will not be
able to locate an AP that is running at 5185 because that is not a
"standard channel".  A client CAN be configured to connect at that
channel, but you would have to supply the driver with a list of channels
to "scan" for the AP.  I'm not familiar enough with StarOS to know if
that is an option OR if StarOS is even using the standard driver.  If
so, it is something to consider.

> Your 4th idea of swapping is a good idea. I have other customers
> connected to the AP so its a bit touchy but I will give that a shot
> soon.

This is, I think, the best option.  It is likely to be the most
definitive test.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *