On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 23:01 -0400, Josh Luthman wrote:
> VDS reads to me like a StarOS proprietary WDS (at least the WDS in MT land)

It looks more like EoIP to me.  I am basing that on this statement from
the page you provided a link to:

"Using this you can even do authentication and IP handout for other
areas, anywhere in the world. All you need is to be able to ping the
Master IP. We have Thailand and Minnesota connecting to us and they have
full use of everything. Compression helps with traffic over the
Internet."

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *