From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Bret Clark
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 1:42 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Selling to businesses

Direct mail works, but generally 3 mailings usually need to occur before
the person you are sending too starts to notice it. We find the old 4x6
postcard works well, not expensive and many people see it since it's not
in an envelope. Put an eye catching graphic on one side and then and
some bullet points on the other side.

We tried radio, but didn't have much luck...most people seem to drive to
work listening to ipods or XM. Newspaper ads didn't really work well
either...who reads newspapers anymore, although we did find some mild
success with online ads through our local newspapers.

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 13:04 -0400, Jerry Richardson wrote:

> Other than cold calling (this has been the most successful for us) and
referrals, what other methods are you using to sell to businesses?

> If you are using a direct mail piece that has had some success, I'd be
interested in what it looks like. We have not had much success there.

----

----