While this might not work for businesses...

Mesa had some luck with sticky type door to door flyers that looked like the
stickers UPS leaves when you're not home for a package.  I wasn't with the
company when they were used... but I heard the take rates were surprisingly
well.

Daniel White
3-dB Networks
http://www.3dbnetworks.com