My rules are:
Make it performance based
Make sure what he is bringing to the table is equitable to the proposed
share of the company
Try to talk out exit strategy, where you are taking it, how you want to
go and see if that matches up to what your new partner wants to do.

This all depends on the business structure you have setup (which you
havent mentioned) but I assume it is an LLC or Corporation for your
state, make sure it is in writing.

Watch this video if you want: http://vimeo.com/6950199

Good luck.

-Israel