The first thing is to establish WHY a partnership agreement is neccessary,
apposed to other options.

I have generally find that the new prospective partner under values what the
primary owner had already given to build its business, and often new
prospective partners under-estimate what they'll get in return for being a
partner. New Prospective Partners, after first year, often want out, and
makes life really difficult for the primary owner.
Bottom line, anyone that wants to be a partner, should earn their right to
become a partner, and commit to get their feet wet in the business for a
while, before having their partnerships finalized and granted.

If you have a partner, and finaicial problems develop you will ahv major
issue. If you ever go to Sell your company, your hands may be heavilly tied.

What type of company are you?
I'd recommend an S-corp or LLC over doing a legal basic partnership.  It
will give you more control on what rights the partner has.

IS this prospective partner bringing in "cash"? You may want to consider
doing a "note" instead of a legal partnership. In the terms of a NOTE, you
can specifiy many things on mechanisms to pay back that note, or secure it.
For example, in the note, you could promise 5% of the company stock, to be
defined or allocated at some pre-defined time, event, or condition.  Its not
necessary to actullay define a fixed number of shares.  But doing something
like that avoids the hassle of recreateing a legal business structure that
might limit your control.  Doing it through a NOTE, just makes sure the
propspective individual is compensated, without having to predict the
futures. Its just like being a partner.

Partnerships can work, but you give something up, that is the most valuable.
It can be hard for two people to resolve a difference of opinion.

To Partner, there should be a very clear justification of what the partner
is bringing in of necessary value.

If you need help, then its appropriate to look for it. Thats the whole
underlying principle of Corporations. A "team" will be more effective than
an individual.
The challenging part is to find the best method to pull togeather the team.
The legal "partnership" method can be risky.

Your Email inferred he may be a very good candidate for a partner. I dont
doubt that for a second.
Step 1 is to sit down with him, and really define what you ahve put in
todate, what he's willing to put in, and asses values to those things.
IF you can agree to the value of those things, then its easy to establish a
formula of fair compensation for each.
But aftter defining those details, then you re-visit the best corporate
structure to facilitate the desired partnership.

SCorps only allow personal investors partners (not companies), but can be a
good way to partner if teh partner has a second income generating business.
They often can use losses on their personal returns to offset taxes, which
can incourage the lending money to the company, and still allow some
financial benefit when money is not rolling in profit.

It should also be noted that private investors are usually looking at 3%
interest profit if they put their money in the open market right now. Dont
undersell the value of your company, as ir would likely be a better money
maker to  yield a return for this partner.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband