We're on the same page now. We've been working on circular designs not
just for UHF but uW also. I too think there are major benefits here. We
design, manufacture, and use all our tower antennas (please...no remarks
about certification) and really think there is a benefit to circular
pol. Nice thing about them too, they are very broadband by nature and
you can always build a choke or filter to filter out unwanted bands.
This will most likely be the way things end up. As for the TVRO dishes,
when I was a boy my parents used to ship me off to my grandparent's in
Alabama for the summers. My grandfather, who founded the Army missile
school at Redstone, built an 18 ft dish out of wood and aluminum and
designed his own tracking device so he could get "free cable." I got to
help. I wonder where my interest in this stuff comes from?

Cameron