I love the dialog.  The 34" antenna is a LPDA and wide band.  There
is going to have to be segmentation in the bands.  Very few antenna
systems have the wide band characteristics of a log periodic.  Maybe
that WILL be the normal antenna for the new technology, but it is
quite easy to make other types of gain antennas with a smaller
footprint.  Kind of like we have different versions of 5 GHz
antennas, there will no doubt be specific choices for specific
portions of the spectrum.

Thanks guys for sharing the height thing.  Such restrictions on the
"production" plan won't work.  If the goal is to allow such use in an
urban setting, the modulation technique would have to be able to
survive severe multipath.  I'll have to think about the AP on the
ground and the client on the roof.  Does that make sense?  It would
certainly keep interference to the AP down.

Mike