Personally I put zero value in the "this information is confidential"
statements.  It's a joke.  Just because someone puts that tag at the bottom
of the email doesn't mean that I have to agree to it.  I signed no paper
saying I wouldn't share any of the information.  It's no more than someone
asking you to keep a secret, it's up to you.

Long story...

We were contacted a few months ago by a contract service company asking us
to do some work at a local factory.  Inventory their IT equipment and backup
the configuration on all the Cisco routers for a baseline on a new service
contract.  They asked if we were Cisco Certified and I said no but we could
do the work easily.  They emailed over all the info and at the bottom was
the Confidential tag.  The factory turned out to have the IT department ran
by a friend of mine.  The info had the factories requirements and one was
that all work be performed by Cisco Certified techs.  Red flag...  I tell
them again, we aren't certified.  They come back, just pretend.  ????
Again, all emails are "Confidential".  So I gave up and contacted my pal at
the factory and forwarded all the emails.  Told him they were trying to pull
a fast one.  Service company goes ape and threatens me with "legal action"
for sharing the info with their client.  Again, "Confidential".  I forwarded
that to my pal yet again and also CC'd the service company.  I signed no
agreement to confidentiality or even verbally agreed to anything of the
sort.  It takes 2 to keep a secret and both have to agree.  I never did.
Realizing that I'm a nut with morals who doesn't give a damn about threats
and they can't scare a nut with a morals, they backed off and went away.  My
pal also dropped them for breach of contract.

The company is Seaboard Communications.  They were actually contracted by
the ORIGINAL contractor, Continuant whom my buddy signed the service
agreement with.  Another layer of B.S....

Their "Legal" crap is at the bottom of their emails is shaded grey.

"LEGAL NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. You are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and
please delete it from your computer.
C 2004-2009. Seaboard Communication, www.seaboardcommunication.com All
rights reserved"

I love that, "Please delete it from your computer".  Right.

They were deleted all right.

Bob-