Doesn't it stand for "effective isotropic radiated power"? Isn't your
EIRP the same no matter what receive antenna is on the other end?

I get your point, to have a sufficiently strong signal at the distant
receiver you could lower the transmit power and make up for it with a
more effective receive antenna.

Respectfully,
Greg