Thats the problem, if I had 50K sitting around for gear, I would not be putting
it into TV (well, maybe I would be, but more BW, more towers, faster clients,
etc come to mind sooner).

I can build a head end for far far less then that, If I stuck to the free
channels or made my won deals with each channel. There are 1000's (well, close)
of free to air channels out there. Some even give explicit permission to
rebroadcast the channel, as long as you notify them etc. I was hoping to find a
place that would let me purchase channels X, Y, and Z, etc. The locals are easy
enough to deal with. So, Looks like I will need to do my own head end, no biggie
over all. Who do I talk to about licensing? I knwo some channels are direct,
some are not. Is there a list? And, can a person who already has a license
sub-license to me? Like MDU style? I know Charter does that, if you have enough
people (IE I suspect enough money) If I could sublet off of a existing licensee
and do my own IP transport, that would work out pretty well. Anyone have a
license contract they can share? (most seam to have some NDA stuffs)