On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 23:06, Marlon K. Schafer <o...@odessaoffice.com>wrote:

> I've always thought this was really pretty easy.
>
> Dave, just pick ONE family and pay their insurance for them!  It's well
> within your right to do so.  And it helps one other family afford health
> care.

I'm trying to advocate a position I believe will provide affordable (free)
health care for everyone, which is a net gain for society. Collectively, we
all would pay less, and most of us as individuals would pay less, for a good
single-payer system. Heck, it works for every other civilized country on the
planet, it just might work here too.

Right now, I'm about two days from dropping my insurance, because my
out-of-pocket costs just (almost) tripled, even after my employer subsidizes
a healthy chunk of it. (And this is after us switching to a new insurance
company; the old one was going to raise our rates even more.) I can't afford
to be healthy, which is why I have such a vested interest in health care
reform of late (and why I still think the bills on the table in Congress are
such jokes - they're basically insurance company handouts).

David Smith
MVN.net