Don't take your organs to heaven,
heaven knows we need them down here!

>> The key is "those that can't." I see it as a humanitarian cause to
>> provide
>> essential human-welfare services for those who are, through no fault of
>> their own, unable to attain them otherwise. You're welcome to disagree; I
>> genuinely don't understand the logic there, but to each his own.

How dare you.

To presume that your "humanitarian cause" is more important than
what I choose to donate my money to.

This is not making health are humanitarian cause, its about breaking
the bank.

You want to donate to a humanitarian cause, donate to the Red
Cross, or your local Fire Department.  I do, in numbers that would
boggle your mind.  Pick a family and pay their insurance.  Donate to
shop with a cop.  (I would be more than happy to give you an address
to send a check to, but please hurry - we go shopping with the kids next
Saturday)

Or don't.  I won't presume to think that is a requirement for you to
live in the United States.

This new health care plan seems to think it is though.