Done, and I'm not an easy pushover for donations. Haiti is our neighbor
and to say they need help is an understatement.

These helpful firsthand recommendations for aid wouldn't be possible
without the Internet. Getting the money routed and people organized
wouldn't be efficient without the Internet.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:56:24AM -0500, chris cooper wrote:

> This is completely off topic, but stick with me a few minutes.  There is
> a WISP tie in here.
>
> As you all know, Haiti has been hit by a devastating earthquake.  Haiti
> is the most impoverished country in the western hemisphere - these
> people were already struggling to live on a daily basis.  The situation
> there now is horribly nightmarish.  Tom Fritz, the director of Connect
> Ohio, is treasurer of Lifeline Christian Ministries.  Tom has been very
> supportive of the WISP industry here in Ohio.  You can learn more about
> Lifeline's work here:  http://www.lifeline.org.  Lifeline has been
> working in Haiti for decades.  They feed the hungry, provide medical
> care, operate schools and provide shelter for orphaned children.  I
> spoke with Tom this morning. He said that they have been able to
> communicate with their staff on the ground in Haiti and things there are
> getting worse by the hour. He said that many of their structures are
> leveled.  One of their orphanages is gone and they believe scores of
> children housed there are dead.  He said that they are out of medical
> supplies and have been reduced to treating amputated limbs with duct
> tape.  Bodies are piling up. They expect thousands more to die simply
> because they don't have medical care, food or even water.
>
> I think it's sometimes difficult for those of us here in the US to know
> how to help during a crisis like this.  I also know that the WISP
> community mobilized to help those in need after Katrina.  It's time for
> our community to do something now.  I'm asking you to give $100 today to
> help the people of Haiti.  $100.  That's less than the cost of a CPE.
> You can afford it.  Tom assured me that 100% of your donation will pass
> directly to their efforts in Haiti.  If you have more questions you can
> contact Tom directly at tfr...@connectohio.org.
>
> To give your $100 now you can go here:
> http://www.lifeline.org/2003/html/currentList.htm
>

> If you for some reason would rather not give to Lifeline you can go here
> to give your $100:
>
> www.doctorswithoutborders.org
> www.redcross.org
> http://www.oxfam.org/en/emergencies
>
> Don't look away from this horrible crisis.  It's only $100.  Give now.
>

> Thanks,
> Chris Cooper
> Intelliwave LLC

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/