From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Matt Liotta
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 10:13 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Common Carrier or what: The FCC's role
inregulationofnet-neutrality

On Feb 5, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Brad Belton wrote:

> The underlying point still holds true; big government imposing rules
> on lenders forcing them to lend to those that wouldn't have normally
qualified.

No, it in fact does not hold true. Since CRA mortgages were only a fraction
of the bad mortgages it is logical to conclude the other bad mortgages would
have still been made if there were no CRA mortgages. Further, it is
reasonable to assume that if no CRA mortgages were made even more non-CRA
mortgages would have been made given the additional available capital.

There is plenty of blame to go around; trying to pin it on one thing is a
waste of time.

-Matt

----