From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 11:07 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Common Carrier or what: The FCC's role in regulationof
net-neutrality

> The government has done all it can to push the idea that "if you rent -
> your a failure"

How is that a bad thing? Financial Stability 101, go buy a home. Every
family should have a home.
I'm not critisizing people who have decided renting is better for them,
there can be many reasons for that.
But if owning a home is not something possible for the average American, and

low income person, its a sad situation.

>Let's face it - Loans were written to people that made minimum wage -
>much like the first Credit card I was given with a 20K limit as a freshman
>in college without a job.

What planet do you live on?

As the minimum wage HomeOwner drives away from their foreclosed home in
their BMW....

I can tell in my 20 years of homebuying, Minimum Wage buyers was never an
option. Sure FHA or HOC type programs might have enabled getting into a home

with less money down, or subsidized homeownership for needy single parents
and such. But those aren't the loans getting foreclosed on. The government
made those home afffordable, even in down economies.

But the minimum wage claim is rediculous.  Heck, I cant even qualify for a
Home Refinance, and I'm bringing home the 6 digits. The homes getting
foreclosed on are the big dollar home that were more expensive than the
buyer can afford with an average paying job. Getting into those homes were
not minimum wage application processes. They were the show me the 2 years a
Tax Returns with 6 figured.

Homes that are getting foreclosed on are the Elderly. Homes that are 50-80%
paid off. Where the homeowner can no longer access teh equity, because they
are looked at a credit risk, because of their age or no longer holds full
time job living on retirement income.  Where a spouse has died, or where
they were living on retirement income. Where their County property Tax
skyrocketed, as neighbor's appraisals skyrocketed in the reaslestate boom,
to an amount where the Tax payment was more than their original mortgage
payment used to be.

The problem was never low income buyers. The problem was the real Estate
book reached a record high that had no alternative but to crash. Supply and
Demand became so power full that homes reached price tags that only
millionaires could afford, and loans were sneaked through anyway.

But the new mortgage loan rules are rediculously conservative. It was the
unscrupulous lenders that caused the crash, and now honorable prospective
American home buyers have to pay the penalty.

I can give you an example of one person, that had 75k in the bank, Had 50%
equity in their home, a Fixed income from a government pension, Never missed

a payment in 20 years, even had a credit score in the 700s, and was denied
refinance because they couldn't prove a high enough steady income the year
before. They want to see a salaried job. They want to see historical Tax
returns.  If someone is self employed, and does smart accounting to reduce
their income and tax liabilty, it will likely mean they will no longer
qualify for home ownership. In the case above the person was a land
developer, and didn't sell a home the prior year because it made sense to
hold on to the land until the market picks up to get a larger return.

The fact is the Government should continue making it easier to obtain homes.

They just need to tighten up on fraud.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband