Well, I used the locustworld mesh for a while.  It never worked well...

Now, I use MikroTik with WDS for some things, and MikroTik with XR9 cards for my NLoS stuff.  Bullet proof.

I'd love to see a road map and a topo map of the area.  Might be better able to give you some ideas...

MDK wrote:
That would be my first choice... BUT.

No power.   No roads, very steep canyon walls in places.

One side is a north east facing slope, shaded by the OTHER side, which is  taller and blocks sun until late morning even in the summer and is shaded early afternoon by itself.

Other side is also steep and of course, has lack of sun issues.    Sun's important if you want to use solar.    Down in the canyon, there's little wind, due to prevailing winds mostly just passing over the ridge tops crosswise.

Also, much of the land on the hillside is public (state or federal).   Just plain hard to get to.    In other words, difficult and expensive and very inaccessible in the winter when there's snow on the steep slopes.

So, mesh seems an option.   I just haven't heard of any good implementations.   Nor have I been following mesh, just because it has never been applicable to me.    I was thinking of doing alternating 2.4 and 900 series of relays up the canyon, but that has weak points as well, especially the part about 900 throughput and stability, as it concerns snow (lots of reflections, multipath, and then distant interference becomes serious interference, etc...).   Cost is a little higher for 900, though not bad.

Everyone selling it says it works great.   Users generally know better...

Neofast, Inc, Making internet easy
541-969-8200  509-386-4589