  From: Travis Johnson
  To: Tom Sharples ; WISPA General List
  Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 7:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Vyatta?

  Hi,

  I'm curious what you would need to add or access on a "main" router?
Shouldn't you just let the router "route" and put everything else somewhere
else? Hardware is cheap cheap cheap now... why complicate and possibly cause
conflicts on a "main" router?

  We have run Imagestream in the past, and it works flawless. We currently run
a Cisco for our main BGP router, and then Mikrotik for a main edge router (to
allow bandwidth limiting, firewalling, etc.). Both boxes have been flawless and
not missed a beat in almost a year (since the last firmware update on each of
them). I am now moving 300Mbps x 100Mbps through these boxes on a daily basis.
:)

  Travis
  Microserv

  Tom Sharples wrote:
We strongly prefer working with open-source / open-architecture solutions
that allow us to add our own code and hardware as needed. That rules out
Cisco. I see that Imagestream runs on Linux, do they give customers root
access / ability to add scripts / modules in user space? How about MT in
that regard?

Thanks,

Tom S.