PRI is something like $600/mo.  On one particularly busy site we have about
200 users on it, and never seen it go above 12 active channels.

The ATA connects to the antenna.  In our case, most are UBNT units.  The
UBNT does PPPoE and NAT for the customer, but VLAN 999 is passed straight
through.  The ATA picks this up and bridges the rest.  VoIP switch at the
tower is on VLAN 999, so the ATA gets it's IP from the switch and connects
directly to it without any routers.

Use something like Trix if you think Asterisk is too much work.  Cost... I
don't know... we downloaded Asterisk for free, so it didn't cost us
anything.