Ah...........  But it got better today.

This customer was the ONLY one on a very NEW AP.  Teenage grandson begged
and begged to be installed.  I never install a paying customer until I test
and test and tweak with a volunteer and it's perfect and near bullet proof.
But "Josh" begs and I bend the rules.  Told my cousin, who was my volunteer,
I'd be back after I get this kid all fixed up.  So I go to boys house.
Lives with grandparents.  The place is like a postcard.  Very unbelievably
anal.  Calculations put me 20 feet up for bottom of Fresnel.  Grandpa says
"Nope", can't put it on the house.  (2 story, tall place)  No antenna
tower.......  Well too bad then.  But "Josh", 15, makes the sad story to me
so I bend again and spring for a 4 foot hole, 6 bags of cement, 40 foot
mast, ect..........  Way out back behind the shed.  Tell them all it will
take probably a week to get it all set to be perfect.  Well here it is, been
a week.  Of course, grandma yells at me last night, has a big attitude.
Today, boy calls, "Internet not working"  Attitude again. (I'm monitoring
all day, problem is obviously is with his PC)   I remind him that old man
said no house mount (has a very nice big chimney to clam on to)  and I was
monitoring the signal all day today, and I was.  Has a -74 ALL DAY!  He's 7
miles out with trees........  But still very good signal.  So teen boy,
"Josh" tells me "Grandpa said that if you don't come out right now to fix it
you need to come tomorrow and take everything out including "the pole"
because it's UNRELIABLE"

Oppps!  Said the wrong thing.  I closed the store, went home and picked up
my saws all, drove out.......  Pulled out the big cable cutters........
Josh boy comes over on his ATV........  "What ya think is wrong?"  I
say.......  "I'm sorry, grandpa says we're unreliable so I'm just gonna help
you all out and take it all down.

Deer eyes in the headlights.

Bluff called.

Cut the cable, took down top section.  Grandpa comes out.  "Sorry we weren't
reliable sir, I told you it would take about a week but I don't want to
cause you anymore pain........."

"Uh, uh, uh......."  He says.

Sawsall.  Last section.  "Josh, can you go get me the power injector and
power supply?"  Okay.......

In and out.

YOU'RE FIRED!

I'm working on a clause in our terms of service concerning "Unreasonable
Customers".  From now on, I reserve the right to fire unreasonable
customers.

The truth is, I really don't give a damn if I provide quality internet at a
more than reasonable price to people who are jerks to us.  Life is too
short.  I'm a nice guy, (Too nice, so says Gene Kelly...  YO, GENE!)  I'm
done with unreasonable, pushy people.  They need to sign a "I Won't Be A
Jerk" agreement.  And yes, I'm making one.

Enjoy.

Bob-