OK, here's a good one.

Have a long term customer that can't get internet all of the sudden.

Shows no cable plugged into his computer.

Had him try a laptop, it worked fine.

Next had him take his computer to a repair shop for a new nic card.  His
computer DID work in town though.

Back home, it wouldn't work with the radio.

So I went out there to check this out.  My laptop would work just fine.  His
desktop wouldn't.

I ended up installing a router and all is working nicely now.  His computer
will talk to the router, but going right to the radio we show no cable
connected.

Anyone seen this before?

I assume this is being caused by some kind of voltage miss match that the
other devices aren't as sensitive to?

shrug
marlon