That is about the best way to do it.
Biggest thing is to find which tower its happening on.

If you have the ability to subnet / segment towers into different ranges - This
helps a great deal.

In short - you can have each sector or backhaul to other towers on their own
segment - so the entire network does not go down but rather 1 leg.
If your using a good switch - enable STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) and voila -
the rest of your network is saved.

NOW ... IMPORTANT ...

If your equipment (and UBNT Does) all supports STP - turn it on.

If you have a few legs to the network all under 1 segment - (ie - you use a
backhaul to a remote location and then tree out from there) one section or
branch of the tree might shut off - but everyone else would stay live.
Really handy on a long summer weekend for sure.

It simply tells you what direction to head

:-)

On Aug 9, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Forbes Mercy wrote:

> Ron,
>
> I'm not really sure if you're asking about what I looked for in WireShark or
> just where is WireShark?  The program I just got from google.  Ultimately I
> went to the tower where the problem was and isolated it from the network.
> Shut off everyone and turned them on one at a time, the IP Conflict occurred
> immediately when that person was on.  I went to their house and the
> Bullet(Ubiquiti) wouldn't reset so I pulled it, replaced it and problem
> gone... a VERY long weekend!  Let me know if you need any other help.  Those
> guys with the shirts that say how bad bridging a large network is are right
> on!
>
> Forbes
>
> On 8/9/2010 8:20 AM, Ron Wallace wrote:
>>
>>  Forbes,
>>
>> I am experiencing a Similar or The same problem You had.  Could you share
>> the Wireshark you learned from Brett?
>>
>> Ron Wallace
>> Hahnron, Inc.
>> 220 S. Jackson Dt.
>> Addison, MI 49220
>>
>> Phone: (517)547-8410
>> Mobile: (517)270-2410
>> e-mail: rwall...@newgenet.net
>> rwall...@tigernet.bz

Glenn Kelley | Principle | HostMedic |www.HostMedic.com
  Email: gl...@hostmedic.com
Pplease don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.