On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 14:36, Chris Gotstein <ch...@uplogon.com> wrote:

> We have some older Pac Wireless 2' 5.8Mhz 29db parabolic dishes serving
> as a PtP link.  We are going to be upgrading the radios connected to
> these dishes, and the new radios support dual polarity.  Does anyone
> know if you can just swap out the feed horn on the dishes from single
> pol to dual pol?  Would sure be easier than hauling up a whole new dish
> setup.  If this would work, anyone got sources that i can buy just a
> feed horn?  Thanks.

I forget where we bought the feedhorns from, but this can be done.

We actually just replaced two of them, doing exactly what you describe.
There was a catch, though. The feedhorn has two N connectors, a few inches
and ninety degrees apart. One of the two dishes had a smaller hole in the
center, and my climber had to take up snips and a rasp, and basically put a
small notch in the center of the dish, to get the new feedhorn to fit. The
other dish was older, or newer, or something, and already had a suitable
small notch in the center.

David Smith
MVN.net