Check for wireless cameras in their house.  We've seen those (especially
those cheap X10 type cameras) absolutely kill all 2.4 anywhere near them.

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Reed
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 2:26 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Weird one of the month

Help.
I sent a Trendnet 432 SOHO wireless router with the installer to a
customer.  He hooked it up, couldn't connect.  Does not show in list of
available APs on his laptop or the customer's laptop.  Must be DOA.
Send another one. Customer not home so installer left it.  Fine,
customer can hook it up.  Customer calls, can't make it work.  I stop in
and it doesn't show up on my laptop or her laptop.  Two of them DOA
seems unlikely, but ...
I setup another one.  Take it to customer house. Can't see it.  Moved it
to another room.  Still doesn't show up.  Get my laptop.  Same thing.
Now I am sure it is something else because I don't have 3 DOA units.
Haven't had that many in 4 years or whatever it is of using these.
I just setup the second one on the test bench.  It is working fine.
Connected with my laptop and passes traffic just like it should.
What do I need to look for at the customer house that would make 3
routers not show up on multiple computers when doing a scan for wireless
networks?

--
Scott Reed
Owner